- Januchowski-Hartley F.A., Graham N.A.J., Cinner J.E., Russ G.R. (2014) Local fishing influences coral reef fish behaviour inside protected areas of the Indo-Pacific: Biological Conservation 182: 8-12
- Perry CT, Steneck RS, Murphy GN, Kench PS, Edinger EN, Smithers SG, Mumby PJ (in press) Regional-scale dominance of non-framework building corals on Caribbean reefs affects carbonate production and future reef growth. Global Change Biology
- Hepburn L.J., Blanchon P., Murphy G., Cousins L. and Perry C.T. (2014, in press) Community structure and paleoecological implications of calcareous encrusters on artificial substrates across a Mexican reef. Coral Reefs.
- Salter M.A., Perry C.T., Wilson R.W. (2014) Size fraction analysis of fish-derived carbonates in shallow sub-tropical marine environments and a potentially unrecognised origin for peloidal carbonates. Sedimentary Geology 314: 17–30
- Perry C.T., Murphy G.N., Kench P.S., Edinger E.N., Smithers S.G., Steneck R.S., Mumby P.J. (2014) Changing dynamics of Caribbean reef carbonate budgets: emergence of reef bioeroders as critical controls on present and future reef growth potential. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. 281: 20142018
- Roche R.C., Perry C.T., Smithers S.G., Leng M.J., Grove C.A., Sloane H.J. and Unsworth C. (2014) Mid-Holocene sea surface conditions and riverine influence on the inshore Great Barrier Reef. The Holocene. DOI: 10.1177/0959683614534739.
- Graham NAJ, Chong-Seng, KM, Huchery C, Januchowski-Hartley FA, Nash KL (2014) Coral reef community composition in the context of disturbance history on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. PLOS One. 9: e101204.
- Berkeley, A., Perry, C.T., Smithers S.G. and Hoon S. (2014) Towards a formal description of foraminiferal assemblage formation in near shore environments: qualitative and quantitative concepts. Marine Micropalaeontology 112: 27–38
- Perry, C.T., Smithers, S.G., Kench P.S. and Pears B. (2014) Impacts of Severe Tropical Cyclone Yasi on nearshore, terrigenous sediment-dominated reefs of the central Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Geomorphology 222:92-105.
- Browne N, Smithers S.G., Perry, C.T. (2013) Carbonate and terrigenous sediment budgets for inshore turbid reefs on the central Great Barrier Reef. Marine Geology 346: 101-123.
- Perry C.T., Smithers S.G. and Gulliver P. (2013) Rapid vertical accretion on a 'young' shore-detached turbid zone reef: Offshore Paluma Shoals, central Great Barrier Reef, Australia Coral Reefs 32: 1143-1148.
- Perry C.T., Kench P.S., Smithers S.G., Yamano H., O’Leary M. and Guilliver P. (2013) Timescales and modes of reef lagoon infilling in the Maldives and controls on the onset of reef island formation. Geology 41: 1111-1114.
- Kennedy EV, Perry CT, Halloran PR, Fine M, Carricart-Ganivet JP, Iglesias-Prieto R, Form A, Wisshak M, Schönberg CHL, Mumby PJ. (2013) Avoiding coral reef functional collapse requires combined local and global action. Current Biology 23: 912-918
- Perry C.T., Murphy G.N., Kench P.S., Smithers S.G., Edinger E.N., Steneck R.S. and Mumby P.J. (2013) Caribbean-wide decline in carbonate production threatens coral reef growth. Nature Communications. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ncomms2409
- Browne N, Smithers S.G., Perry, C.T. (2013) Spatial and temporal variations in turbidity on two inshore turbid reefs on the Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Coral Reefs. 32: 195-210
- Salter M.A., Perry C.T. and Wilson R.W. (2012) Production of mud-grade carbonates by marine fish: crystalline products and their sedimentary significance. Sedimentology. 59: 2172-2198.
- Browne N, Smithers S.G., Perry, C.T. and Ridd P (2012) A field based technique for measuring sediment flux on coral reefs: application to turbid reefs on the Great Barrier Reef.Journal of Coastal Research. 28: 1247-1262.
- Browne N, Smithers S.G., Perry, C.T. (2012) Coral reefs of the turbid inner Great Barrier Reef: a geological perspective on occurrence, composition and growth. Earth-Science Reviews. 115: 1-20.
- Perry C.T., Edinger E.N., Kench, P.S., Mumby P.J., Murphy G., Steneck, R.S. and Smithers S.G. (2012) Estimating rates of biologically driven coral reef framework production and erosion: a new census-based carbonate budget methodology and applications to the reefs of Bonaire. Coral Reefs. 31: 853-868
- Perry C.T., Smithers S.G., Gulliver P. and Browne N. (2012) Evidence of very rapid reef accretion and reef growth under high turbidity and terrigenous sedimentation. Geology 40: 719-722.
- Perry, C.T., Smithers, S.G., Roche, R. and Wassenburg, J. (2011) Recurrent patterns of coral community and sediment facies development through successive phases of Holocene reef growth and decline. Marine Geology 289: 60-71.
- Perry C.T., Kench P.S., O’Leary, M., Riegl, B.R., Smithers S.G. and Yamano H. (2011) Implications of reef ecosystem change for the stability and maintenance of coral reef islands? Global Change Biology 17: 3679-3696.
- Perry, C.T., Salter, M.A., Harborne, A.R., Crowley, S.F., Jelks H.J., Wilson, R.W., (2011) Fish as major carbonate mud producers and missing components of the tropical carbonate factory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 108: 3865-3869
- Roche, R., Abel, R.A., Johnson K.G., Perry C. T. (2011) Spatial variation in porosity and skeletal element characteristics in apical tips of the branching coral Acropora pulchra (Brook 1891). Coral Reefs 30: 195-201.
- Roche, R., Perry, C.T., Johnson, K.G., Saltana, K., Smithers, S.G., Thompson A.A, (2011) Mid-Holocene coral community data as a baseline for understanding contemporary reef ecological states. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 299: 159-167.
- Perry, C.T. and Smithers, S.G (2011) Cycles of coral reef ‘turn-on’, rapid growth and ‘turn-off’ over the past 8,500 years: a context for understanding modern ecological states and trajectories. Global Change Biology 17: 76-86.